The Lykos Remodeling Process
Work with a Trusted and Qualified Source for Every Step of Your Remodel
Remodeling your home is a balance of trust and dreams—describing your dream and trusting someone to enter your home and craft it beyond your expectations. We work meticulously so you can enjoy this rewarding experience as you entertain all the exciting possibilities of your renovation.
With our process, you will encounter minimal inconvenience as the Lykos team works diligently to respect your timeline and budget. We’re confident you will enjoy the truly intangible passion of working with the Lykos team.
Our Fixed Cost Approach
Our team is one of the few in the region who uses a fixed price rather than a cost plus contract. This gives you a set and accurate price for the total renovation before we even start work. If any unexpected costs arise, our team—not you, will be responsible for the difference. Our experience affords us the ability to make accurate estimates, and allows you to focus on the possibilities, not the surprises.
The Lykos Process
At no cost to you, personally meet with Tom Lykos to discuss:
- Existing conditions – what you love and dislike about your home.
- Scope of work – what we need to create in your home to enhance your lifestyle.
- Your short term and long term plans for living in your home.
- Your budget and desired completion date.
Tom Lykos performs a custom home renovation analysis:
- Documentation of your condo/home’s existing fixtures and finishes.
- Obtain your condo/home’s existing floor plan or construction plans.
- Obtain your home’s existing site plan or survey.
- Obtain your home’s elevation certificate to determine your home’s flood zone.
Tom Lykos completes Phase 1 of the process:
- Develop a new conceptual floor plan.
- Write a basic scope of work.
- Develop a preliminary budget based on their similar completed projects.
- Develop a preliminary construction schedule based on the scope of work.
You and Tom Lykos meet to review Phase 1 documents. If the plan, scope of work, budget and construction schedule meet your approval, we proceed to Phase 2.
You meet with the designer, architect and Tom Lykos to collaborate:
Requires a $2,000 retainer
- Review the conceptual plan for function and appearance.
- Review the scope of work to assure the correct work is documented.
- Review the budget and discuss the line item costs for quality of finishes.
- Review the construction schedule and establish milestones and deadlines.
Tom Lykos prepares a construction Proposal to include the following:
- Proposed Scaled drawing with architecture, mechanical, electrical and plumbing features.
- Proposed Level of Finish.
- Proposed Unit Cost Budget.
- Proposed Preconstruction Schedule.
- Proposed Construction Schedule.
Next, you meet with Tom Lykos to review Phase 2 documents. If the developing project meets your approval, we commit to construction and proceed to the Proposal.
Review your final Proposal
Requires a payment of 10% of the Proposed Budget.
- You work with the architect and Tom Lykos to develop detailed drawings for construction and permitting.
- Tom Lykos works with the interior designer to create design drawings.
- You work with the interior designer to select and document finishes and fixtures.
- You work with the Lykos staff to review and approve plans, scope and selections.
- Lykos staff hosts a site inspection for subcontractors.
- Lykos staff distributes your approved plans, designs and selections to subcontractors and vendors for fixed-price quotes.
- Lykos staff applies for HOA approval.
- Lykos staff applies for building permits.
As selections are made and quotes are received from vendors, we make revisions to the plan, selections and scope of work to customize the project details to your expectations. Once the plans, selections and individual costs are finalized, Lykos prepares a fixed-price contract.
Your construction contract will include these standard terms:
- Fixed contract cost
- Payment terms
- Change order procedure
- Dispute resolution
- Lien law compliance
- Disaster preparation
Your construction contract will also include job-specific addenda:
- Scope of work
- Line item construction costs
- Construction schedule